Our client, a public accounting firm, is looking to add a Tax Manager to their Toronto team. If you have the necessary skills and experience, we need to hear from you!
· Performs a detailed first review of corporate, personal and trust tax returns
· Prepares more complicated, high-level corporate, personal and trust tax returns
· Involved in the execution of tax reorganizations, including preparing various tax related election forms (e.g. T2057, T2022, GST 44, etc.) and summary memos
· Performs detailed tax research through reading and understanding the Income Tax Act and Bulletins, searching on-line databases, and other sources
· Performs technical tax calculations and analyses
· Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions
· Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the partner
· Liaises with the Canada Revenue Agency and Ministry of Finance on various client specific and general corporate, personal and commodity tax matters
· Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its opinions on tax matters
· Starts to develop knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate
· Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners
· Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to partners
· Participates in firm's practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned
CA designation is a strong asset
Part I of the In-depth Tax Course completed and working towards Part II or Part III
Current technical knowledge in a variety of tax and accounting areas(s) required.
Experience in MS Office, TaxPrep; ProFile and CCH Online; TaxFind for tax research
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this engagement in more detail, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com. You can also contact Chetna at 647-826-4346.
Other fulltime opportunities can be viewed at www.ifgfinancialsearch.com and contract/project opportunities at www.ifgprojectresourcing.com.