· Prepares federal and state income tax returns and assists in forecasting federal and state tax rates with established departmental guidelines and timeframes to ensure compliance with applicable tax laws.
· Responsible for maintenance, creation and documentation of tax functions. Knowledge of SAP desired. May involve interaction with IT personnel in the development of required reports and processes necessary to facilitate, support and document the tax impact of the business operations.
· Assists with supporting sales and use, state income and federal income tax audits
· Prepares annual unclaimed property reports, 1042s, quarterly excise tax returns and amended state tax returns.
· Provides support to Tax Manager on resolution of various correspondence from federal, state and local government authorities and other reporting agencies.
· Prepares calculations and remittances of federal and state estimated tax payments; prepares and maintains federal (regular tax and AMT) and state tax depreciation books in SAP, including adjustments for bonus depreciation and cost segregation of assets
· Provides support to Tax Department and outside consultants.
· Participates with tax planning projects as necessary
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting with a minimum of four-five years of corporate tax experience; experience in tax compliance, research, corporate taxation, forecasting and accounting for income taxes. Public Accounting experience preferred, but not required.
· Must possess strong excel spreadsheet skills
· SAP experience desired, but not required
· Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with others
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to see tasks through to completion as assigned