Our client, a major insurance company, is seeking a Director of Asset Liability Management. If you have the necessary experience, we need to hear from you!
The Asset Liability Management group has the mandate to play a leadership role in the identification and assessment of ALM related risks globally along with the development of an effective risk management infrastructure and strategies to support the company's business strategies and financial objectives.
Reporting to the AVP, Asset Liability Management, this position is based in the Company's Toronto Head Office. The position focuses on asset-liability management activities for North American businesses. The incumbent will take a lead role in the analysis, design and implementation of value-added investment strategies for Wealth Management and Insurance business segments and enhancing ALM reporting and operations processes, practices generally. The incumbent will work closely with professionals and management from the Investments division, Business Unit finance and pricing areas and various Corporate functions (actuarial, tax, controllers, Treasury). The successful candidate is expected to have a high level of analytical skill and familiar with concepts related to fixed income.
· Manage a team of 2-4 actuarial and risk management professionals with accountabilities for the following critical asset liability management processes and projects.
· Recommend and implement rebalancing strategies for risk mitigation.
· Manage liability investment and hedge strategies to ensure investment profitability targets in pricing are achieved. Support investment management activity.
· Monitoring Production of interest rate risk, market risk and ALCO reports.
· Assist the valuation actuaries in their source of earnings analysis.
· Support the development and enhancement of the interest rate forecast model.
· Ensure the integrity, completeness, and timely production of operational activity and reports and manage efficiency. Lead design and implementation of enhanced ALM processes and reports.
· Manage implementation of ALM initiatives such as asset mix changes, asset rebalancing and new investment strategies.
· Manage business requirements, requests, and other emerging issues that impact asset management (such as reinsurance transactions, corporate restructuring, acquisitions and integration, capital management, liability segmentation etc.) that have the potential to materially impact earnings and other key risk metrics.
· Recommend and implement methodologies and operating guidelines for risk assessment and mitigation. Conduct review of segment Statements of Policies and Guidelines. Recommend remedial actions on violations.
· Provide guidance to Corporate Actuarial and the business units on investment strategy and asset modelling methodologies and assumptions used in the CALM reserve process.
· Work with key stakeholders to review the desirability of new asset types or categories.
· FSA/FCIA with investment experience or Masters in a quantitative discipline, finance or CFA/PRM/FRM or other relevant risk management designation.
· Minimum 5-7 years working experience in a financial/investment risk management environment.
· Excellent quantitative finance and/or mathematics skills.
· Strong knowledge of fixed income and alternative investments, derivatives and ALM strategies, modelling and methodologies.
· Prior ALM or other experience in a financial/investment risk management environment is an asset.
· A working knowledge of GGY AXIS is an asset.
· Strategic thinker with excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
· Able to work effectively in a team environment.
· Exceptional communication skills, both in written form and orally.
· Multi-tasking self-starter and ability to work in ambiguous environment and with minimal guidance.
Ability to lead and mentor junior team members to manage time critical asset liability management operations and processes.