The Financial Reporting Group is responsible for the preparation of internal and external reports including all SEC filings for the company and its series of public non-traded oil and gas partnerships. The Financial Reporting Group will be responsible for working with the Corporate Accounting Group to prepare financial statements and footnotes prepared contained in SEC reports. The Director of Financial Reporting is responsible for accurate financial reporting timely filing of all SEC reports and possess the ability to stay appraised of research and arrive at well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues; provides clear and concise written documentation of GAAP applicable to new transactions; implements requisite operational and documentation changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules; continues improvement in the preparation of financial statements and SEC reports and effectively communicates with senior and executive management for all levels and departments of the company. The position will also perform various financial analyses and be responsible for establishing appropriate processes and systems and have a key role in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. This position plays a vital role in ensuring the company’s financial creditability, transparency and success of our public disclosure. The Director of Financial Reporting will interact with external auditors and other outside consultants, the Corporate Accounting Department, and the Investor Relations/Treasury Department. He/She will be a key interface with the public accountants. Essential functions include:
· Directly responsible for coordination and preparation and filing of SEC filings in a timely manner including: periodic reports (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K), public offerings (S-3, supplements and amendments), XBRL taxonomy and tagging, and Pro forma financial statements.
· Recognize, research and resolve SEC reporting and general accounting issues.
· Liaise with accounting and internal reporting staff as required.
· Identify process improvement opportunities and implement change initiatives.
· Assist with preparation of press releases.
· Assist legal with the preparation of proxy statements.
· Assist with the issuance of the annual report.
· Coordinate and aid in the preparation of debt/equity transactions, including the requisite registrations.
· Coordination of the Disclosure Committee, Legal and other departmental meetings for the purposes of identifying requisite disclosures.
· Continuous review and monitoring of competitors’ filings to ensure our disclosures are in line with our peer group.
· Review financial material used in quarterly conference calls, investor conferences and related events.
· Review and comment on financial-related press releases and support communications with the Disclosure Committee and periodic reporting to the Audit Committee.
· Support the external audit firm in the annual audit and quarterly review procedures.
· Interpret and assist in guiding the implementation of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements to various technical accounting functions and monitor compliance with SEC financial reporting rules and regulations.
· Remain current with new accounting technical standards impacting financial reporting.
· Participate in the development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures as required.
· Assist in establishing and maintaining internal and operational controls necessary to monitor performance and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
· Prepare and coordinate with external auditors all appropriate material for quarterly reviews and annual audits of financial statements.
· Consult with PDC leadership on accounting & reporting aspects of new lending arrangements or acquisition agreements.
· Continually seek opportunities for improvements.
· Proactive, providing strategic insight, solutions and leadership.
· 10 + years of relevant work experience including 10 + years of public accounting and/or private experience in financial reporting (SEC filings)
· Experience in oil and gas industry is preferred
· BS/BA in Accounting and a CPA license is required
· A strong track record of experience in financial reporting
· Significant experience with SEC regulations
· Significant and current experience in the interpretation and implementation of accounting pronouncements (FASB, SABs, etc)
· Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies and procedures
· Experience with public offerings and SEC comment letter process is preferred
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this engagement in more detail, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com. You can also contact Cindy Cheran Lubinski directly at 412-539-1434 x- 233.
Other project opportunities can be viewed at www.ifgfsearch.com.